Finally I bought my first digital SLR, Nikon D90 with Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens on 1-Nov-2009. I spent months to time in internet to read specification, review, comparison etc to decide which camera to buy and finally decided to have the D90.
- 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS imaging sensor: Coupled with Nikon’s EXPEED image processing technologies and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking image fidelity is assured.
- Continuous shooting as fast as 4.5 frames-per-second: Combined with fast 0.15ms power-up and split-second 65ms shooting lag, dramatic action and decisive moments are captured easily.
- World’s first D-SLR with an HD movie mode: Record exceptional 24fps movie clips with sound at up to 720p HD (1280 x 720 pixels) in Motion JPEG format, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200: High signal-to-noise components and design deliver exceptional performance, even at high ISO setting.
- 3-inch super-density 921,000-dot color LCD monitor: High resolution, 170-degree wide-angle viewing guarantees confident image review and movie playback.
- Built-in image sensor cleaning: Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning frees image degrading dust particles from the sensor’s optical low pass filter.
- 11-point AF system: Consistently fast and accurate autofocus, reinforced by the Nikon Scene Recognition System, delivers razor sharpness in a wide variety of conditions.
- One-button Live View: Easy to use Live View activates access to 3 contrast detection focus modes including Face Priority AF.
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System: Nikon’s renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates images, referencing an on-board database of over 30,000 photographic scenes, for unmatched exposure accuracy.
- Comprehensive exposure control: Five advanced scene modes plus Program Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual.
- Auto Active D-Lighting: Selectable and Automatic, Active D-Lighting optimizes details within shadows and highlights, taming high-contrast situations in real time.
- Durable, high precision shutter: Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures shutter life and accuracy.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Creative freedom stems from exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Fisheye effect, Straighten and Distortion Control as well as D-Lighting, Red-eye Reduction, Image Overlay, Monochrome and more.
- GPS geo-tagging: GP-1 GPS unit (optional) provides automatic real-time geo-tagging.